100% Natural Siberian Ginseng Extract plant extract powder p.e.
100% Natural Siberian Ginseng Extract plant extract powder
Latin Name: Eleutherococcus senticosus, Acanthopanax senticosus
Chinese Name: Siberian Ginseng
Family: Araliaceae Genus Acanthopanax
Part of Plant Used: Root
Active Ingredients: Eleutheroside, Isofraxidin
Appearance: Brown-Yellow Powder
Eleutheroside (B+E) > 0.8%HPLC
Eleutheroside (B+E) > 1.5%HPLC
Eleutheroside (B+E) > 2.0%HPLC
Isofraxidin > 1.2mg/g
Eleutherococcus senticosus is a species of small, woody shrub in the family Araliaceae native to Northeastern Asia. In Chinese medicine it is known as . It is commonly called eleuthero, and was previously marketed in the United States as Siberian Ginseng as it has similar herbal properties to those of Panax ginseng. However, it belongs to a different genus in the family Araliaceae, and it is currently illegal in the United States to market eleuthero as Siberian Ginseng since “ginseng” only refers to Panax species.
E. senticosus is a new addition to Western natural medicine, but has quickly gained a reputation similar to that of the better known and more expensive Chinese Ginseng. Though the chemical make-up of the two herbs differs, their effects seem to be similar.
Eleutherococcus senticosis is more tonifying than the true Ginsengs (Panax sp.). Taken regularly, it enhances immune function, decreases cortisol levels and inflammatory response, and it promotes improved cognitive and physical performance. In human studies Eleuthero has been successfully used to treat bone marrow suppression caused by chemotherapy or radiation, angina, hypercholesterolemia, and neurasthenia with headache, insomnia, and poor appetite. Eleutherococcus senticosus has been shown to have significant antidepressant effects in rats.
E. senticosus contains eleutherosides, triterpenoid saponins which are lipophilic and which can fit into hormone receptors. The major constituents of E. senticosus are Ciwujianoside A-E, Eleutheroside B (Syringin), Eleutherosides A-M, Friedelin and Isofraxidin.
The Siberian Ginseng Extract used in dietary supplements is derived from the roots and rootstalks of the plant Eleutherococcus senticosus.
1. For the central nervous system: calming, promoting nerve growing, anti-convulsion & labor pains; anti-febrile.
2. For the cardiovascular system: anti- cardiac arrythmia & ischemia myocardial.
3. For the blood system: anti-hemolysis; stopping bleeding; bringing down blood coagulability; restraining blood platelets clotting; regulating blood-fat; anti- atherosclerosis; bringing down blood sugar.
4. For the modulation: anti-fatigues; anti- oxygen & blood deficit; anti-shock; anti-thirst.
5. For immunity system: improving achroacyte conversion; inducing immune factor growing; strengthening immunity.
6. For the incretion system: inducing serum proteins, bone marrow proteins, organ proteins, brain proteins, fat, stem cells proteins synthesis; inducing fat and sugar metabolism.
7. For the urinary system: antidiuresis.
As pharmaceutical & cosmetic raw materials & food additives